FEES AND PAYMENTS
- A consultation fee is payable for every veterinary consultation but may be at a reduced rate if this is a repeat examination or medicine check.
- We aim to provide estimates for all our procedures and services, however, unexpected complications may arise resulting in higher costs than estimated. In this instance we will endeavour to contact you to gain authority prior to treatment. If we cannot make contact with you we will give any treatment we deem essential for the animal’s welfare at that time.
- You will receive a detailed invoice for every consultation and procedure with us
- Payments are to be settled in full at time of consult or discharge, unless prior arrangements have been made with the practice manager
- We accept cash, credit/debit cards and cheques as form of payment. We will not accept post-dated cheques
- If there is any outstanding balance on your account you will be sent a payment reminder and be requested to pay in the next seven days
- Should an account not be settled the matter will be put into the hands of a debt collecting company.
- In special circumstance we can arrange a house visit to treat your animal, however, sometimes we may request that you bring your animal to the surgery if we feel this will be in the animal’s best interest (access to on site equipment etc.)
- A house visit will only be available with prior arrangement
- House visits will incur an additional fee.
OUT OF HOURS EMERGENCY COVER
We partner with Vets Now who specialise in providing dedicated out of hours care at nights and weekends. Vets Now have operated emergency clinics in Stoke on Trent, Derby and Telford for some time now and we trust they will provide you with an excellent service. Using the Vets Now service is easy. If you require Out of Hours assistance simply call our regular surgery phone number and listen to the message which will give you the emergency contact number. When you call Vets Now their trained receptionists, Veterinary Nurses or Surgeons will be waiting to help. If required you will be advised to visit the clinic where you will be seen by the emergency team.
Repeat prescriptions are available for patients on long term medication who are stable on their treatment. We request 24 hours notice for the ordering of prescriptions and this can be done over the phone, or in the practice through reception. It is our practice policy that all patients should be seen at least once every 6 months for repeat prescriptions. It may be that your pet is requested for check ups more regularly than this due to various factors such as age, disease progression etc. The frequency of medicine check ups will be at your vet’s discretion
It is possible to request a written prescription for your animal’s medication to be dispensed by a third party. We ask for 48 hours notice for this service and this service will incur a written prescription charge.
We recommend that all our clients take out insurance for their pet to enable the highest quality veterinary care and expertise should they need it. Should your pet need referral to a specialist veterinary centre this can get extremely expensive, at an already often distressing time.
It is your responsibility to settle all fees with Donnachie and Townley vets, and reclaim these fees from your insurers.
RECORD OWNERSHIP AND DATA PROTECTION
- All case notes, test results, radiographs and similar documents are the property of Donnachie and Townley Ltd. Copies of this information will be passed on to other veterinary surgeons if requested, and with your approval.
- We will only use your details for the purpose of our business and will not pass any information to third parties without prior permission.
- We aim to maintain all your details correctly on our database and ask if you will inform us of any changes.
- We may from time to time send you veterinary information that is relevant to you, e.g. vaccination reminder cards