Donnachie and Townley are committed to excellence and always striving to meet customer expectations in all aspects of clinical care as well as environmental wellbeing and sustainability. We recognise that as a business, we have an impact on the environment, and as such, we have pledged to improve our business performance to services and operations.
We are proud that Donnachie and Townley are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified the following key area in which our business has an impact on the environment:
- Electricity, gas and water consumption
- Volatile halogenated anaesthetic gases use
- Waste disposal and production
- Use of consumables
- Transport of personnel
- Procurement and supplies
We will continue to improve our environmental management system through annual reviews and updates, considering any changes within the legislation, our organisation, and other factors. We aim to:
- Reduce energy, waste, and carbon emissions
- Set a minimum reduction target of 2% for all measured resources
- Prevent environmental harm by introducing projects such as Terracycling and One Health projects
- Make our progress available for independent assessment
The introduction and implementation of the Environmental Policy is a commitment of Donnachie and Townley management and shared responsibility with our Associates. Diane Royle and Kayden Potts have designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
As part of the organisation’s overall environment management planned, this policy will be reviewed annually.
Signed: Sarah Sheppard
Position: Clinical Director
Date: 5th August 2020